News
News: CEC Hosts Earth Day Celebration (4/18/2012)
Thursday, April 12, 2012

Clean Energy Collective Hosts Earth Day Celebration

Community Solar: The Power is in Your Hands
Earth Day Celebration
Community Solar:
The Power is in Your Hands
Wednesday, April 18
4pm to 7pm

Clean Energy Collective Main Office
401 Tree Farm Drive, El Jebel, CO
Turn at the Willits Lane stoplight on Hwy. 82, opposite side of Hwy. 82 from City Market.
Click here for map.

The Clean Energy Collective (CEC) will be hosting an Earth Day Celebration with the theme “Community Solar – The Power is in Your Hands.” CEC’s Community Solar program empowers community members to produce clean energy, reduce pollution and save money on their electric bill.

The Earth Day Celebration will include complimentary food and drink, educational displays, and speakers from the Clean Energy Collective and other local environmental groups. The public is invited to come learn about options for community solar. Because many homes have shady locations or are occupied by renters, currently only 20% of households in the US are able to install solar panels on their roofs. Community solar allows the other 80% to enjoy the savings and environmental benefits of solar power.

Community solar is an affordable option for solar power designed to easily save community members money on their electric bill every month. CEC operates two community solar arrays in the Holy Cross Energy district that are perfectly situated and optimally maintained to generate as much clean energy from the sun as possible. Community solar members have actual panels within these solar arrays, so they don’t need to install anything on their roof or property. Members then receive credit on their monthly electric bill for the power produced by their panels in the solar array. CEC operates and maintains the panels, so community solar members have absolutely no worries about maintenance or repairs. Community solar is an easy and smart way to save money on electricity while reducing pollution and improving the health of the community.

Win Free Electricity!
Community members can enter into a drawing to win a free solar panel at the CEC’s community solar farm near Rifle, CO (Garfield County Airport Solar Array). One entry per person. Must be a customer of Holy Cross Energy to win. No purchase necessary. Drawing on Sept. 12, 2012. See complete rules on our website.

SolarSaver and Community Partner Programs Featured
At the event, the CEC will be featuring two new programs for Holy Cross Energy utility customers: SolarSaver and Community Partner.

The SolarSaver Program is a 0% financing program that allows customers to pay for their community solar panels in affordable monthly installments. The SolarSaver program makes it easy and affordable for anyone to save money on their electric bill with community solar.

The Community Partner Program allows local community organizations, like schools, churches or special interest groups, to receive credit towards free solar panels for people they refer to the program. For instance, a local church can encourage their members to purchase solar panels in CEC’s community solar arrays, and the church will earn free panels that eliminate the church’s electric bills. This allows these organizations to have free electricity for the next 50 years.

The Earth Day Celebration is free and open to the public. The press is encouraged to attend.

About CEC
Clean Energy Collective is a developer of community-based renewable energy facilities and a national leader in community power generation. CEC has pioneered the model of delivering clean power-generation through large-scale facilities that are collectively owned by participating utility customers. The CEC’s proprietary RemoteMeterĀ® system automatically calculates monthly credits and integrates with existing utility billing systems, enabling all utility customers to easily have clean, renewable power credited directly on their monthly utility bills, without modifying their home or office.

For more information, contact:
Clean Energy Collective
Phone: 1-800-646-0323
Email: moreinfo@morecleanenergy.com
Web: http://www.easycleanenergy.com

CEC News Bulletin PDF